Green Clay Facial Soap
This recipe makes a gentle moisturizing soap perfect for cleansing the face.
Olive Oil 240 gm
Coconut Oil 190 gm
Mango Butter 70 gm
Ylang Ylang Essential oil 15 gm
Distilled Water. 190 gm
Sodium Hydroxide 73 gm
Green Clay 2 tsp
Super fat %5
Most importantly review all safety procedures, where your gloves and put on safety goggles.
1. Measure your ingredients
2. Make the lye solution by adding the sodium hydroxide to the water. Mix well.
3. Heat the oils. When the temperature of the oils and the lye solution reach between 100-110 degrees F, add the lye solution to the oils and blend with hand mixer.
4. When the mixture is well combined, add the clay and essential oil. It's best to mix the clay with some of the oils in the recipe (but I forgot this time)
5. Mix well with the hand mixer until you reach trace.
6. Pour the soap batter into the mould
7. Let the soap sit for 24-48 hours until it hardens before removing it from the mould. Then wait 4-6 weeks for it to dry completely.
This recipe yields 5 bars of soap. You can enter the recipe in a soap calculator to find the percentages and increase the batch size as needed.
I hope you like this recipe. What are your favorite oils and butters to use in Soap Making?